Jarano is a community marketplace that connects consumers with ethical brands that are sustainable, socially responsible, and African inspired. We are focused on preserving the environment, artisanal craftsmanship, and traditions.
Jarano is a "Ga" word from the Greater Accra region of Ghana, West Africa, which means marketplace.
As part of our Social Activism to help preserve our planet for the future generations, this marketplace encourages both business brands and consumers alike to take earth friendly approaches in their choices of production and consumption alike, and appreciate the creative human force behind it.
Most of our brands here at Jarano embraces sustainability and social responsibility in one or more of the following ways:
- Making sound environmental choices in the different production stages of a product.
- Being committed to the welfare of Workers.
- Preserving local artistry and craftsmanship to sustain local economies mostly championed by women.
- Using Eco-Friendly materials.
- Minimizing waste in the product life cycle.
- Creating products with longer life cycles - Slow Fashion as opposed to Fast Fashion.
- Cradle to cradle design - Designing with the possibility of up cycling the product at the end of the products life.
Join us on our Journey and support a sustainable Africa!